2017 Creative Writing Contest
Do you think you’re the next Suzanne Collins or John Green? Would you like a chance to share your original story or poem with the world? If so, you should enter the Akron-Summit County Public Library’s Creative Writing Contest! Five winners will receive a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, and all authors who submit acceptable entries will get to see their writing in print in the Akron-Summit County Public Library Creative Writing Contest Collection.
- All entries must be the original work of the submitter.
- Submitters must be entering grades 6-12 in the 2017-2018 school year.
- There is a limit of three entries per submitter.
- Entries are due by June 30, 2017
- Entries should be no longer than 20 pages.
- All works longer than two pages must be typed in a Microsoft Word or Google document and submitted electronically (by email).
- All handwritten entries must be printed and legible.
- All entries will be included in the Akron-Summit County Public Library Creative Writing Contest Collection at the discretion of library staff; each submitter with an acceptable entry or entries will receive a complimentary copy mailed to their home address. Entries will not be returned, so make a copy!
- Five entries will be selected as “Judges’ Choice” award winners. These authors will receive a $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card.
- Whether you are submitting a paper entry or an electronic version, all submissions must contain the information on the submission form below.
* It usually takes several months for all of the entries to be typed, edited and put into the collection.
Download and fill out the submission form below and return it via one of the following options listed below:
- By mail to:
Akron-Summit County Public Library
Susan Russ, Youth Services Office
60 S. High St.
Akron OH 44326
- Or turn it in at any branch location or the Teen Department at the Main Library
Click the image below and download the submission form PDF.